While the Coronavirus spread has been increasing every day, a loud and clear message is that it is necessary to stay indoors and also to maintain social distance. Knowing that there is no vaccine or treatment available to cure the virus, it is the time for every single individual to act responsible and wise. Though the social distancing and isolation is an ideal way to go, is it enough to combat the spread?
What are the additional ways to protect us and stay safe?
- Wash your hands frequently for about 20 seconds. When you are coming home after going out, it is highly mandatory to wash your hands.
- If you are confused about whether the soap is effective or not, you can readily go up using the hand sanitizer with at least 60% of alcohol.
- Avoid frequent contact with your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid contact with people who are sick. Some people without symptoms may also come up to spread the virus
- Stay home and avoid non-essential travel
- It is highly necessary to practice social distancing by keeping at least 6 feet. It is about two arm lengths.
- It also necessary to go away from others if you wish to go out in public
- Stay connected with your loved ones through the advanced technologies
- Hide your mouth and nose with a mask. It greatly helps in preventing the spread of the virus to others.
Keeping these things in mind, it is necessary to follow it to avoid getting panic. Do not place cloth coverings on young children under age 2 or to those who are facing trouble in breathing. It may incapacitate or make them unconscious for a while. Also, do not use the facemask meant for the health care worker.
Also, keep an eye towards keeping about 6 feet distance from others. The cloth face is not suitable in the case of social distancing. Mainly, cover your coughs and sneezes. You can also use tissues and throw them in a lined trash can. If you do not have tissue in hand, cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
Clean and disinfect the touched surfaces every day. It helps in including the tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, and other keyboards.
Distance – Give a prime focus to this!!
Social distancing is nothing but preventing anything from hunkering down. It is also essential to refrain from outside friends and family. Keep a boundary between you and others to combat the virus effectively. When you go out or stay at home, social distancing is always essential. The practice of keeping six feet away from the individuals outside the home will extend to wait in line at the grocery store.
If you need to keep distance more, it is more helpful for you to be away from getting infected. When you are going out, take a step back and wait politely to ask them to stay away to prevent the disease spread.